For the forseeable future of Mondays, I’ll be linking up with Multitudes on Monday, an online celebration of blessings inspired by Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts. There are so many things I want to say here, but I honestly can’t think of a better way to begin my week than with arms outstretched in praise for all the blessings in my life.
Ann’s writing is beautiful and touching and raw with honest emotion. She writes the way my heart speaks to me in secret. I soak up her words like a sponge.
You will never be the same.
My 1,000 Gifts ~ #1-17
- The long-awaited smell of rain
- Bare feet in soft grass
- Sleepy baby snuggles
- Cicada songs in evening light
- Tiny toes in footed pajamas
- The rich, deep chime of an antique grandfather clock
- Giggles under covers
- The comfort & beauty of discovering hearts that beat in time with your own
- The exquisite love of the Father
- Delicious words of poetry & prose
- The musty scent of old books
- Liberating release of words on a page
- Comfortable companionship
- Heart-to-heart talks that last until the wee hours of the morning
- Finding another who shares your heart
- The freedom of allowing yourself to be imperfect
- The courage to be myself