Sometimes you count your many blessings, name them one by one… and sometimes you are doubly blessed and can count them by the bucketful! Friends, this was a two bucket weekend: I finally met my five-week-old twin nieces for the first time, and all my family members (except my sweet daddy, who had to stay behind for work) were there to celebrate!
You should know right from the get-go that I
am an idiot did not have a nice camera with me – just my phone! – so these photos are definitely not high quality! (ugh)
Also I couldn’t help but get weepy when I first saw those beautiful babies, so… um… yes, I have a big blob of mascara under my eye. (Just keepin’ it real, folks.) I’d like to sincerely thank my loving family for letting me run around AND TAKE PHOTOS with that on my face. Lookin’ good.
Anyway, without further ado… meet my beautiful new nieces!
Yes, I’m just a little bit proud! Aren’t they adorable??? And cuddly. And sweet. And identical. And magically delicious. And, and, and. *sigh* I love them!
This is my amazing sister. I can’t believe she carried twins to 37 weeks! She should get a medal or college scholarships for the girls or at least free babysitting for that. *insert “I am woman, hear me roar” here*
Last – but certainly not least – this is my brother. I would call him my little brother, but since he’s 6’4″ he insists on *younger*. Ahem.
My mom, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, nephew and all of my nieces were here, too! I’d post a pic of all ten (TEN!!) of the cousins together, but it was hard to get them to hold still long enough for a good group photo.
Thank you for indulging me the family photo show! I promise not to review vacation slides (remember those??) from 1976. Ha!
My heart is full. I am so blessed.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Choosing to rejoice with so many others in the gratitude community
as we count our One Thousand Gifts…
My 1,000 Gifts ~ #119-126
119. Meeting the twins for the first time, holding the breath of God in my arms
120. The overwhelming comfort of family, instantly at home surrounded by those I love
121. A beautiful, crisp autumn day to play outside
122. Christian sisters gathering together to worship, laugh, love and learn at the Relevant Conference ~ and the precious friends who blogged and tweeted about it, allowing me to bask in the glow of their fellowship from home
123. Turning leaves, lengthening shadows, warm colors emerging as temperatures begin to fall
124. Lessons learned hard through an aching heart, beauty rising from ashes on phoenix wings
125. The velvet stillness of the early morning hours, before the household yawns and stretches its greeting
126. Embracing my place in His story, my humble contribution to His tapestry of mercy and grace
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
These are my gifts this week.
What bountiful blessings has He given you?